Thursday, January 21, 2010

Holiday Flowers What Flowers Can I Plant Now That Will Bloom For The Holidays?

What flowers can I plant now that will bloom for the holidays? - holiday flowers

I live in a mini-dorm in the vicinity of San Diego State University. College is expensive and little money to fresh flowers for inside it is clear to buy. But I have a big yard and the owner said I could plant what I wanted. Can anyone suggest some simple, fast growing flowers in vases, which are cut for the holidays? Thank you!

1 comment:

Garden Doc said...

Master Gardener TO THE RESCUE!

Case, colorful flowers on vacation in San Diego.
Here are some ideas ...

Stokes Aster
Glorious Daisy
Yarrow
Zinnia
Marigold
Immortelle
Dianthus
Tea Rose
Hemerocallis
Cosmos
Salvia (many)
Lavender
Dusty Miller
Larkspur
and throw in some baby's breath to fill.

Now, in the San Diego Planted cut through Turkey, Christmas.
For a complete list, contact your local Cooperative Extension of San Diego and talk to a Master Gardener.

Post a Comment